[LUAU] The VC Squeeze, Desktop Linux and Hawaii's future

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Thu Nov 10 17:54:59 PST 2005

Jim Thompson wrote:
> yes, this kind of communication and cultural exchange is vital (and
> from what I can tell after 16 months on island, mostly lacking.)

In the 70's, the best place to do technobusiness discussions is one of
the bars just outside of MIT, or one of MIT's libraries (unlike our own,
which close on most weekends, most libraries at MIT are open 24 hours a
day, 7 days a week).  Today, it is one of the restaurants in Shanghai.
In Oahu, one of the best places is lunch time at MIC.

> You appear to want to only pursue the "big markets" by making
> "products" that they want to "buy".  I think you're stuck in the 90s,
> man.  :-)
Not 90's but 80's or even 70's.  The only deal we made was an offer to
acquire a domain name (close to $100K).  Yes, I am an out-of-date old
fashion.  Nothing can change that, I am afraid.  Wayne