[LUAU] Re: Hosef

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Thu Nov 10 10:21:21 PST 2005

> I'm pretty versed in Python, Plone and Zope.  Python's pretty easy to learn
> but you won't find courses which teach it.  Courses don't tend to teach
> dynamic scripting languages exclusively.  They tend to stick to the safety
> languages of C++, Java, etc...

I always thought that python should be taught to young students
(elementary, high school, first year college or non-cs college interested
in programming).  Its fairly "clean" and easy to learn and use without
having a deep understanding of programming.  I showed my wife, who is not
technically inclined, a few things and she got it pretty quickly.  Its
still fairly new though and I wonder how many teachers who teach this
class of student knows about it.

I think it would be great if HOSEF could play some role in pushing this
kind of knowledge to teachers who could then have an impact on young
minds.

> Julian

Tim Newsham
http://www.lava.net/~newsham/