[LUAU] Re: Python

Josh josh_0b11111010101 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 20:12:06 PST 2005

> Beyond that, what are people hoping to get out of
> this?  I'm sure
> different people will have different answers.  If we
> do all meet up,
> whats our agenda?  Are we going to talk advocacy?
> Go over some
> tutorial type stuff?  Swap code and talk about it?
> Talk about particular
> technologies that interact with python?
>
> Also further into things.. how much room do people
> want to allow for
> other topics (rails, ruby, perl, lisp, etc...)
>
> My input:  A saturday afternoon such as Dec. 3rd,
> around 1pm or so
> for a few hours (2, maybe 3?) with an aim to teach
> and learn new stuff
> by exchanging code and reworking it for
> demonstration purposes and
> discussing it?  Geeky enough?

I just a beginner with Python but I am interested in
learning as much as possible about it.  Even if most
of a Python meeting were too advanced for me I'm sure
I would be able to pick up a few bits of new
information.  I'm also interested in Ruby but have
never used it before.  If there is a Python users
group it would be good inspiration (seeing what other
people are doing with it).