[LUAU] X problem

pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com pepe65 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon May 16 14:41:10 PDT 2005

I am running SuSE 9.3 and I noticed that if I install something or do an
program update, sometimes I lose the ability to start KDE, GNOME, etc...
and I do not have any clue why (I haven't changed any display settings).
Especially since the update/install is for some program that shouldn't
be touching the setting for X (ie. Gnucash, DVDrip, etc..). When it
happens, I can only get the xconsole login manager and GUI. I have tried
restoring my original xorg.conf file, but I get the same problem. The
only way I know of to resolve this is to do a re-install. Has this
happened to anyone else? How did you fix this problem? What is causing it?

Rodney Kanno