[LUAU] a different open source issue, from Maui

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Mon Mar 21 10:36:21 PST 2005

> The latest in this sad saga:
> http://www.ht-technology.com/cherryos-pearpc/cherryos-pearpc.html

libhfs -- Is this cpt?
           http://libhfs.sourceforge.net/license.php
           Not a gnu license.
cygwin -- you can link against cygwin's .a/.dll in commercial products
           http://cygwin.com/licensing.html

St10bad_typeid -- Is this even from pearpc itself?  Google
           comes up with several non ppc binaries that have
           this string in it.
           Possibly a compiler-generated string?
           Maybe a common library?
"oops this code is wrong" -- cant find other references to this
           maybe he has something with this one?

I dont know.  I'm not terribly convinced so far.  That was
just a cursory look.  The person posting this seems a bit
overly eager (pointing out libhfs and cygwin) and does not
seem to have much experience analyzing binaries or comparing
them to source code.

I'm not saying that he is wrong, but I dont find his current
argument or his methods very convincing.  If he (and others)
are wrong, I would hate to be the one facing an overly rabid
open source mob.

Tim N.