[LUAU] K12LTSP and VNC

Tom Gordon memeyou at memeyou.net
Sat Mar 19 19:28:05 PST 2005

Byron Kapali wrote:

> Mahalo Tom for your reply.  Question: How do I "tell cron to yum -y
> upgrade every night"?  What program do I use to edit the cron?
>
> Byron

Thankfully it's already set up to do it.  but it's not supposed to work
unless /var/lock/subsys/yum exists.  I guess they did that to make a
user-friendly way to turn it on (via system-config-services, i guess).
the console way to do it:  "chkconfig yum on && service yum start"
then, it will automatically start to "yum update yum; yum update" every day.

Another service, rhnsd (it uses up2date instead of yum), is supposed to
do something similar but it's not verbose enough for me.  You can turn
that off in services - or, "chkconfig rhnsd off && service rhnsd stop".

Tom