[LUAU] Newbie Installation Question

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Tue Mar 15 22:08:50 PST 2005

On Tue, Mar 15, 2005 at 03:43:46PM +0900, John Johnson wrote:
> I have a lot setup at this point and all is running smoothly
> and I would hate to download the source, build it, and totally
> mess up the settings that FC3 has as default. Any suggestions
> as to what I should do? Thanks in advance!

Do nothing! :)

If you have to scratch that itch and want the granular control
over your apache/php instance, you will have to resort to
building a lot of things by source yourself, whether you use
rpmbuild or the GNU build chain.

The prior approach makes it easier if you are familiar with
editing spec files and having rpmbuild automate a lot of the work
for you. However, building purely from source with a different
install prefix greatly reduces the odds of you mucking up your
working installation.

Make good backups and use a development server to test your work.

-Vince