[LUAU] Re: Fedora & mythtv cpu load

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Thu Jun 16 14:25:34 PDT 2005

Whoever Whatever wrote:

>I will nice things at different level next time to see how they
>changes. I just tried to watch tv at 2200, I can see blocks, I can
>tell the most when switching to a channel with some noise/snow, so
>putting it back to 4500 made me happy.

Oops, I should have been more specific.  I do 2200 with 400x300.  At the
same bitrate, a smaller picture will give you better motion, and a
larger picture will give you better stills.  You can see if lowering the
bitrate and the picture size still looks ok for you.  But if you have
the space and the power, may as well go for whatever looks best for you.

-Eric Hattemer