[LUAU] Re: solaris day

Whoever Whatever totally.lost at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 01:18:52 PDT 2005

Agree,
It's good to see them moving this direction, doesn't matter if they
gain or the public gain at the end.  You can't expect everyone selling
just service to make their stock holder happy, I never have any bad
experence with them in the past.  We used alot of open source product
in our envirment, but they are all in Solaris with sun hardwares,
v1280, e4500, 450, v440, v240, and dumpping all ultra now.  Sun rep is
amazing locally, he will respond within the same day, show up with
parts in 48 hours, last time they shipped parts by dropping boxes at
commercial flight and have them here for replacement very fast.  He
told me the parts took a day or two longer since we have the one and
only v1280 on this island, and they don't store them locally, but he
called the office to make that change after I corrected him that we
have three v1280, he only saw one at a remote site.  I don't think the
license make that much difference when the majorty of their os uses
are tied with their hardwares, making money to pay their bills is the
goal, that's almosts everyone's goal, without that.. I wouldn't be
able to buy the hardwares to play with Linux, bsd and whatever at
home.  I love open source, but that doesn't make me hate every thing
else, this world have enough room to fit all flavors, even SCO has it
place to make Linux adopt faster.  Thanks to Solaris that I can lay
back at work except when the Winbloze PDC and SDC start screaming at
me to kick them.  Do I like taking care of Winbloze servers also? no,
I don't, but it's part of my job as a SA.

Just my personal view who have to pay his mortage(wish it's free too)
at the end of each month.