[LUAU] Matched HP Desktops

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Tue Jun 14 15:58:27 PDT 2005

On Jun 14, 2005, at 12:24 PM, Ben Timmerman wrote:

> At 06:45 am Tuesday 14 06, Jim wrote:
> concerning Brian Chee's offer of equipment...
>
>> ...So lets do it mid-week.   I've got a strong back and a weak
>> mind.    Can't take more than 2-3 of us...
>>
> So-o-o-o, yer saying that HOSEF is gonna gobble this stuff
> up?....But your "weak mind" tells me you don't want to take
> charge.  Actually, I was lookin' for someone to 'take charge' like
> and tell me what to do, when to show....plus Brian needs to be in
> on the timing...he's has to be in on the coordination....if I read
> his email correctly.

I think Scott gets to say if he wants the machines or not.   I try to
have a "beginners mind" when it comes to HOSEF.    My only
interference right now
is that there is a family commitment between 2:30 and 3:30 on Tue and
Thu.

> Sounds like this has to happen(for me anyway) either tomorrow
> (Wednesday) or Thursday....this has to come together real quick in
> order for me and my equipment to be involved.
>
> 1.  Who decides that HOSEF is taking this stuff?
> 2.  Where is it going?
> 3.  ??
> 4.  ??

Lets find out if Scott wants it first, though I'm fairly sure that
the racks are usable.   I don't know if the Pentium (1) machines are
in or out.