[LUAU] Fedora & mythtv cpu load

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Tue Jun 14 00:33:09 PDT 2005

Whoever Whatever wrote:

>Hi,
>   I was running Mandrake 9.2 for mythtv up to .18.1 on a shuttle
>sk41g using PVR350 for about 2 years, nvidia tv-out, no problem

The PVR350 is hardware accelerated via ivtv, so that's unlikely to use
more than 5% cpu.

> HD is enabled with DMA,  using KDE as WM, the only difference would
>be xorg server on fedora, xwindow on Mandrake.  Thanks for the help.

I would blame the HD stuff.  Make sure that it is running in ATA
whatever mode.  I have in my /etc/sysconfig/harddisks

EXTRA_PARAMS=-X udma5
MULTIPLE_IO=16
 EIDE_32BIT=1

You might need to use a different udma level for your needs.  Also, if
the nvidia TV out is in use regularly, make sure that you're using the
nvidia.com driver.

-Eric Hattemer