[LUAU] interesting article on Mark Spencer/Digium

Tom Gordon memeyou at memeyou.net
Fri Jun 10 13:16:39 PDT 2005

Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:
> Perhaps you could enlighten us with an informed talk on Linux-based
> PBX?  I imagine that a home/office-based "telephone server" may have
> quite a bit of commercial potential.  (For example, I always hate to
> carry a cell phone with an address book, as it may contain
> privileged/private information, etc.)

I've been using a centos4/zaptel (i got two modems from ebay) setup now
w/ broadvoice for several months.  But I've long-abandoned the web-based
configuration for editing the tons of config files myself - to use the
devices I want.

For commercial use, I recommend paying for company to support the
asterisk configuration.  It would save tons of money, still and give you
more flexibility/features.

Why would MacOS not be considered proprietary? Who knows, maybe Jim is
reffering to OSX, or something.  I do know there are still bits I can't
get at.  But I'll admit, I gave up quickly.

Tom