[LUAU] Intel Doubles Down on Linux

James A. Stroble stroble at hawaii.edu
Mon Jul 25 03:36:03 PDT 2005

On 日, 2005-07-24 at 22:44, Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:
> James A. Stroble wrote:
>

> >So Wayne, I have to ask you what I have asked you in person, do you own
> >stock in Sun?
> >

> Yes I do.  But they were bought before the bubble burst.  (Sold CISCO
> and kept SUNW.  Just to let everyone know who smart I am.)  Wayne

Fair enough.  Maybe Jim's wife was smarter, but as someone who has no
investments, I refrain from judgment.   But has the thread been lost
here?  I have no complaints toward X windows, but then I am a MS refugee
with no programming ability.  I do like the ability of X to work over a
network, and to crash without taking out the OS.  Am I missing something
here?   Hardware vendors will do what they have to do, and I really hope
ATI will get my Mobility chipset working soon, under AMD64, without
bizarre work-arounds.  Is it too much to ask for standards?  (I
immediately withdraw the question at  risk of looking like an idiot).
--
*  James (Andy) Stroble