[LUAU] CentOS4 Hung on Up2date

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Fri Jul 8 00:58:27 PDT 2005

Hawaii Linux Institute wrote:

> I don't have time to go through the detailed steps, but you may want to
> bring your computer to Michael's lab.  He has generously set up a time
> slot of between 10:00 to 12:00 this (probably every) Saturday doing pro
> bono Linux tech consulting work.  Wayne

First.  Word to the wise.  Saturday is the book sale at McKinley High
School.  If you don't come early, it is *tough* to get in to the Adult
school.  If you do not have data on your drive requiring immediate
attention, Blake, it is a good idea to come by.

The 10 - 12 slot is scheduled through the 6th of August.  As it stands,
there will be a two week break while classes are out of session.  The
schedule can be found here

http://www.hosef.org

Our 10-12 session is described as follows:

Nearly every week we hold a workshop on Free and Open Source Software.
This is your chance to bring in your computer for the kind of help that
can only be provided by a human. If you wish to donate equipment or
time, then come on by. If no one needs help, then we ask those who join
us to help prep equipment for our projects.

 From 12-2 you can join us for our K12LTSP workshop.  It is described as
follows:

Our perpetuating charitable activity is the donation of recycled
computers to schools and non-profits. No gift of technology is complete
without training and orientation, and this is what we provide as a
community service nearly every Saturday. Give us two hours, and we'll
show you how we are changing the world with recycled computers and free
educational software.

And, while we are discussing HOSEF's scheduled activities on Saturday,
you should know that our Organizational Meeting will be at McKinley from
2-3.  This is when we discuss our projects like Computer Guts, Linux
Labs, and LUAU.

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford