[LUAU] pthreads priority question

Lou Rickard lou_rickard at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 18:49:25 PST 2005

I was writing a multi-threaded program, and was using
pthread_setschedparam() to boost the priority to
something pseudo-realtime, when I got stumped on a
question:

I want my program to run at a higher level priority
than standard, in fact I want it to run at as high a
priority level as possible.  I had thought that using
pthread_setschedparam() would do this.  But then it
occurred to me that the function may just be running
my thread at a higher priority level compared to the
other threads in the parent process, to no real
benefit of the program overall.  Is that true?

When I run ps -l, the priority listed for the program
isn't anything different from everything else.