[LUAU] Special Visitor on Island tomorrow

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Fri Feb 25 18:29:35 PST 2005

The project leader of the K12LTSP will be in Hawaii tomorrow.  Eric
Harrison has, for several years now, been packaging the very software
that perpetuates HOSEF's use of recycled computers.  For those not
familiar with the K12LTSP, it is a Fedora based, education focused
distribution of Linux that, out of the box, is designed to power a
thin-client lab.

If you would like to meet Eric, stop by and see us at McKinley tomorrow
during our workshop.  He will be with us at eSchool this week at the
convention center.  At this year's conference HOSEF will be staffing a
booth as well as manning a 30 station thin-client email garden
consisting of recycled computers.  We continue to deliver the message
that free and openly sourced software is a sustainable and viable
solution to a lot of literacy and budgetary issues in our schools.

--scott