[LUAU] from /.

Jim Thompson jim at netgate.com
Thu Feb 24 16:53:57 PST 2005

<someone here more qualified than I might want to write back>

http://ask.slashdot.org/askslashdot/05/02/23/206217.shtml?
tid=185&tid=146&tid=4&tid=106

Building a Linux Computer Lab for Schools?

Posted by Cliff on Thursday February 24, @02:12PM
from the penguins-in-education dept.
  joseamuniz asks: "After giving Linux classes to Secondary School
Teachers, I got in touch with a non-profit organization called UNETE.
This association has donated 1,523 computer labs to public schools in
Mexico. I told them about Linux, and they are interested in equipping a
beta computer lab with this Operating System, with Intel PIII, 256 MB
RAM PCs. The more they like this lab, the higher chances to include
Linux in the new labs donated by this institution." What hardware
configurations and software packages would you install on such a
machine to show off the real power of Linux in an educational
environment