[LUAU] rh9 kernel nptl support

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Fri Feb 18 14:38:39 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 17, 2005 at 02:08:55PM -1000, Charles Lockhart wrote:
> I'm not finding any references to a seperate nptl related rpm.
> And I get confused, because I read one thing that says linux
> thread support has been moved into glibc, while in other places
> I find references to it being part of the kernel.

The release notes for RH9 mention NPTL. I would find it highly
unlikely for a feature like NPTL to slip in after release, given
that bugfixes only occur as backports and not wholesale upgrades.

I would normally say contact your vendor and get a real answer,
but since RH9 is _end_of_lifed_ I am not sure how far you get
with that approach.

That being said, if you have to follow the Red Hat product line,
I would strongly suggest moving to the RHEL-based prodcuts. If
your pocket book cannot handle it, use CentOS, which respins the
source RPMS from the enterprise line. CentOS 2 follows RHEL2,
which is based on RH7.3. CentOS3 follows RHEL3, which is based on
RH9.

-Vince