[LUAU] k12ltsp desktop

Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Thu Feb 10 10:45:04 PST 2005

We learned how to do this at TPOSSCON with KDE at multiple levels with a
text editor or a GUI.

See http://www.kde.org/areas/sysadmin/  (kiosk framework is where it's @)

Tom

"Ted Kanemori" <ted at hisurf.com>
Sent by: luau-bounces at lists.hosef.org
10/02/2005 07:09 AM
Please respond to
LUAU <luau at lists.hosef.org>

"'LUAU'" <luau at lists.hosef.org>
cc

Subject
RE: [LUAU] k12ltsp desktop

Over at Enchanted Lake Elementary, we have a 28 thin client lab.
The lab is completely run by the teachers.
They're getting better by the day.
But:

So are the kids.
They've learned that they can customize their profile.
They (some of them) have caused problems by deleting the desktop icons,
adding more shortcuts, changing the background,,, etc.

The next class comes in and,,"Miss xxxxxx,,, my screen is different."
It takes time to reset the profile.

Is there a way to lock down the desktop so that studentXX can use it but
can't change it?

Ted