[LUAU] TPOSSCON 2006 - Putting Linux to Work

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Tue Dec 20 10:26:16 PST 2005

Please join us in three weeks at the Hawaii Convention Center for
TPOSSCON 2006.  From January 9-12 our second annual Trans-Pacific Open
Source Software Conference has more impressive dignitaries and more
hands-on demonstrations than any conference you've ever been to.
TPOSSCON 2006 includes

Chief Technologist Evangelist Jeffrey Barr of Amazon.com

Linux Business Strategist Mike Balma of Hewlett-Packard

Chief Information Officer Tom Welch of Linspire

Retired Admiral Richard Macke of Warrior Infotech

Chief Executive Officer Rana Dutt of Softel

Editor-in-Chief Robin 'roblimo' Miller of OSTG

SAMBA author John Terpstra of Primastasys

Chief Information Officer Gordon Bruce, City and County of Honolulu

Full-Time KDE Developer and Nanakuli Graduate Aaron Seigo

Chief Executive Officer Alex Banh of Sun-Wah Linux from China

In addition to learning how these Dignitaries are utilizing Free and
Open Source Software, we invite you to visit our Petting Zoo.  Here you
can touch, feel, and even break nearly every Free program critical to
your future.  The Petting Zoo will feature demonstrations of

Everyday Desktops and applications such as

Ubuntu
Edubuntu (kid-friendly version of Linux LOADED with education programs)
Linspire
Simply Mepis
K12LTSP
Open SUSE
Debian
OpenOffice (fully functional FREE office suite for Windows, Mac, Linux.
The Gimp (outstanding and overwhelmingly powerful image editor
Scribus (Desktop Publishing)

And Critical Back Office Tools like

Apache (web server)
SAMBA (file server, domain controller)
CUPS
Ruby on Rails
Content Management Systems
NMAP, Ethereal, and other security tools
Mail Servers
mySQL, PostgreSQL

Registration is taking place here

http://www.tposscon.com/register_reg.php