[LUAU] CJK in FC4

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Thu Aug 11 12:02:40 PDT 2005

Jim Thompson wrote:

>> Don't know Japanese? McKinley has an English-centric Japanese  language
>> program. After 30 dollars and 30 hours, you may become itchy to try to
>> sell Fedora machines in Japan.)
>

> This sounds cool.  Where do I find out more?
>
> jim

Oops, I was hoping no one would notice this little secret.  I am really
going to kick my own 8th.  The best way to find out is to go there
(Pensacola & Rycroft, a couple of blocks from the northwest corner of
Ala Moana) so you can also assess the "logistics" (i.e., whether you can
make it two nights a week).  Don't be fooled by the tuition cost, this
is perhaps one of the best beginning Japanese language course anywhere
in the universe.  But when you take into consideration the location
(nothing can be more centrally located), parking (it takes seconds from
the parking lot to the class room), amenity (I used to go to the nearby
Sam's Club for a $3, 8-carb chicken wrap dinner before going to the
class), there is nothing in the world that could come even close.

The textbook used in the class, "Japanese for Busy People, the New
Version of the Most Effective Course of Spoken, Everyday Japanese", is
also incomparable.  Most local bookstores carry this book.

On graduation night, the teacher, Nakamura Sensei, would take the entire
class to Yanagi and she will pay for your first drink.  She maintains a
list of students attending her class (meaning that you can communicate
with her even after graduation, in whichever language you feel more
comfortable).  All these for $30?  Give me a break.  Wayne