[LUAU] Installing Solaris 10: Step-by-Step Instructions

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at HawaiiLinux.us
Fri Aug 5 19:46:57 PDT 2005

I didn't realize this until I was trying to do an update.

Solaris 10 is free, but update costs $120 per year for the most plain
vanilla "service plan" (only a password for downloads, no nothing else).

Of course you can go to blastwave.org to update and/or install packages,
many key packages are missing.

Although Sun announced its OpenSolaris project back in June, Sun has not
released enough components to allow a third party to build a complete OS.

Looks like I am going to stick with Fedora Core 4 for the foreseeable
future.  Suddenly this blind mouse can see again.  Wayne

(BTW, just used iiimf to type a letter in Chinese.  It's really amazing
how things can improve so drastically in such a short time.  Thanx to
Warren, who insisted on using (the totally unusable) iiimf as CJK input
method, when FC2 first came out, the first thing one would do (if you
need CJK), was to disable iiimf and revert to the previous input
method.  FC3 made iiimf somewhat usable, but FC4 broke it again.  Now
with the updates, iiimf works like a charm.)