[LUAU] OSS in Hawaii Government

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at hawaiilinux.us
Fri Sep 10 23:28:09 PDT 2004

Corey Morrison wrote:

>Can you tell me more about the difficulties you are
>having in regards to PDF printing? Which distro are
>you using? Which PDF viewer are you printing from?
>
>Thanks,
>Sam

Hi Sam-

1.  The pdf files were downloaded from IRS:

http://search.irs.gov/pub/query.html?col=catfoin&col=catpub&col=catnote&charset=utf-8&ht=0&qp=&qs=&qc=&pw=100%25&ws=0&la=en&qm=0&st=1&nh=10&lk=1&rf=0&oq=&rq=0&si=0&qt=1040es&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

2.  PDF viewers used: ggv, xpdf, Acroread 5.0.9 (self-compiled from
source tar.gz as well as from rpm); distros: FC1, FC2, & MDK 10

3.  Problem: some pages can be printed but others cannot: Error:
IllegalAttributeDataType

4.  Printer: HP2100

5.  Had to resort to Win4Lin/Win98 in FC1 to print those pdf forms

6.  Never had problem with Hawaii pdf forms.

HTH & TIA, wayne