[LUAU] managing multiple network profiles?

Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Wed Oct 20 11:45:11 PDT 2004

Type "fedora network profiles" in google and click "I'm Feeling Lucky".
Or, in firefox just put "fedora network profiles" in the address bar.  You
can also replace "fedora" with "redhat" for more results.

Tom

Charles Lockhart <lockhart at IfA.Hawaii.Edu>
Sent by: luau-bounces at lists.hosef.org
20/10/2004 09:19 AM
Please respond to
LUAU <luau at lists.hosef.org>

cc

Subject
[LUAU] managing multiple network profiles?

I have a laptop running FC2.  It has both ethernet and wireless.  I have
about a dozen different locations that I use my laptop, each one with
different network settings.  I have been just using the
"system-config-network" interface to change the settings each time I
change locations (open up the gui, switch between dhcp/static ip, change
dns, gateway, subnet, etc).  But this has gotten tedious, and I'm having
a hard time keeping all the numbers straight.

I've been trying to find a tool that would take care of this for me,
something that managed network profiles and allowed me to switch between
profiles easily.  I've been looking, but I haven't been able to phrase
my search right, and haven't found anything.

So, primarily I'm interested in knowing of any tools available for doing
this?
And as a secondary question, assuming there's no tool, is there a best
practice for doing this?

Thanks,

-Charles