[LUAU] managing multiple network profiles?

Charles Lockhart lockhart at IfA.Hawaii.Edu
Wed Oct 20 11:19:43 PDT 2004

I have a laptop running FC2.  It has both ethernet and wireless.  I have
about a dozen different locations that I use my laptop, each one with
different network settings.  I have been just using the
"system-config-network" interface to change the settings each time I
change locations (open up the gui, switch between dhcp/static ip, change
dns, gateway, subnet, etc).  But this has gotten tedious, and I'm having
a hard time keeping all the numbers straight.

I've been trying to find a tool that would take care of this for me,
something that managed network profiles and allowed me to switch between
profiles easily.  I've been looking, but I haven't been able to phrase
my search right, and haven't found anything.

So, primarily I'm interested in knowing of any tools available for doing
this?
And as a secondary question, assuming there's no tool, is there a best
practice for doing this?

Thanks,

-Charles