[LUAU] X Input Methods

MonMotha monmotha at indy.rr.com
Sun Oct 10 23:38:50 PDT 2004

Yeah, I actually have a question for once :)

I'm not really an X guy, so I wouldn't even know where to begin on this.

I'm interested in setting up alternate input methods to allow me to type
characters that aren't on my keyboard in X.  I'm mostly interested in the
greek characters as well as Katakana from Japanese (and if I get Hirigana
and Kanji as a bonus, so be it).

No distro specific solutions are allowed (other than maybe Debian if you
must, though I'd prefer to keep it distro neutral so I could do it on
another distro if I had to).  Any software that Debian has a package for
(which is pretty much everything) can be used (so things like the kana
manager), but I need to know the actual config changes that need to be made.

--MonMotha