[LUAU] polls

Angela Kahealani angela at kahealani.com
Thu Nov 4 12:36:02 PST 2004

On Thursday 2004-11-04 09:10, Wayne Maeda wrote:
> On Thursday 04 November 2004 08:34 am, Angela Kahealani wrote:
> > On Wednesday 2004-11-03 15:23, Wayne Maeda wrote:
>
> Sorry about that. I'll crawl back into my lurker's cave now.

Please, volunteer to do that in which you're interested.
Most of what people have already volunteered in the open source
community has been openly published and can quickly be found at
http://www.google.com/linux
whereas what is being volunteered right now is either coding,
documenting, testing, translating etc. to create open source software,
or it's being installed in person, often by volunteers, e.g. the
primary work of HOSEF volunteers, or folks are meeting in person to
discuss, or discussing here on the LUAU mailing list.
You raised very good questions, and with the distribution list of the
question, it would tend to Hawai'i specific answers based on Hawai'i
specific audience, so compatibly the questions should either be Open
Source neutral, or if they have a bias, probably in the Hawaiian
direction. Well, one of your questions, Favorite Distro, has a uniquely
Hawaiian answer... since UH, when not innundated, graciously hosts
fedora.us http://www.fedora.us/

So, the questions having been asked in the apropriate forum, the
question is whether to make it an official, statistics producing
"poll", in which case probably http://www.hosef.org/ should host it,
since they already have a poll utility, and have merely been awaiting a
volunteer to provide the monthly subject matter (hint, hint). Wayne,
volunteer to run the polls! You were curious enough to ask, go for it!

--
Copyright 2004 Angela Kahealani. All rights reserved without prejudice;
UCC1-207. All information and transactions are non negotiable and are