[LUAU] Mandrake 10.0 + Cosco 350 = 0

tony clapes tclapes at attglobal.net
Fri May 28 01:20:18 PDT 2004

Aloha from another Linux-using lawyer.  AM running Mandrake 10.0.  On my
IBM T20 laptop, I've had trouble with wireless internet access.
Experienced similar problems with 9.2.

During the install process, the network-install module does not see the
Cisco 350 pcmcia wireless adapter.  Manual install does not succeed.
Everything else seems to install ok.  After reboot, I see that the
pcmcia service is running, but when I "enable pcmcia" from the KDE
panel, the 350 is not recognized.  The lights on the adapter are off.

For a brief period last weekend, I accidentally fixed the problem, but I
wasn't taking notes at the time.  It's possible that installing an older
version of pcmcia-cs had something to do with it.  However, upon
subsequent reboot, the problem has reappeared.  I tried once again to do
a clean install, but to no avail.

Any suggestions will not be held against you.

Regards,
Tony
--

Anthony L. Clapes