[luau] Be on the lookout for Stolen laptops

jroby jim at jimroby.com
Wed Mar 10 16:53:01 PST 2004

Years ago I had a $400 tool stolen from my trunk in Hilo; the tool
belonged to the contractor I was
working for.He shurged it off,but next morning went to the local pawn
shops and there it was. He had his
SS# etched into it,he walked out and call the cops..we got it back a few
months later; evidence, don't ya know.
Excellent idea to check the hock shops.

Robert Green wrote:

>I wonder if there is a fax list for pawn shops, too?

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                                      Benjamin Franklin

"Dr.Kay and his people found no such thing, just as the denigrated UNMOVIC inspectors likewise found no such thing. The promised 26,000 liters of anthrax, 38,000 liters of botulinum toxin, 1,000,000 pounds of sarin and mustard and VX nerve agent, the 30,000 munitions to deliver this stuff, the mobile biological weapons labs, and the uranium from Niger that so disgraced the last State of the Union speech Bush gave, somehow failed to turn up..."The administration generally has avoided the issue of actual possession despite having spent at least $900 million in the weapons search.

 Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none.
                                    Thomas Jefferson