[luau] include files

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Wed Mar 3 14:34:00 PST 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Lou Rickard wrote:
>If I was to do device driver development, would I start to find problems
>with using the old /usr/include/linux/ files when they don't match what's
>actually in the /usr/src/linux/include/linux files that are used for the
>kernel?

If you want people to be able to build your device driver from source
(which you should), then you need a standard location to use for the
include directory.

On most systems, when you install the kernel, the intallation procedure
creates a symbolic link of the kernel source tree into

	/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build

Then you use this to build all modules to be installed into the kernel at
run-time.  If you don't intend to submit your drive to be included in the
kernel source tree, then you should use this approach.  You should also
buy the kernel driver developer's guide.  It should have this type of info
in it.

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org