[luau] Where do I change .........

Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us Tom_Gordon/RISE/HIDOE at notes.k12.hi.us
Mon Mar 1 08:33:00 PST 2004

One thing i've found handy in fedora is, if the defaults work then I can
reset my options by deleting the XF86Config file.  Then
system-config-display (formerly redhat-config-xfree86) shows on the next
session.  Another thing i've found is that, with my, packages the
XF86Config-4 file is obsolete and XF86Config is the name of the
configuration file.

I don't know if either of these will help as they are not
mandrake-specific but maybe mandrake a similar Xconfiguration tool.  As
for editing the file yourself, the display driver is defined in the Device
section under "Driver".  There can be more than one configured.  Whiel
troubleshooting issues or to see what is loading, check
/var/log/XFree86.0.log etc...

Tom

"Maddog" <maddog at heavymetalradio.net>
Sent by: luau-admin at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
03/01/04 06:11 AM
Please respond to luau

        To:     <luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [luau] Where do I change .........

4.3.x  I think it's .1 but I am not at the machine at the moment.

I looked for that setting and it may be different in Mandrake but in the
XF86Config-4 I see no vga or svga setting. I used the Nvidia Drvivwers to
updte my laptop a Toshiba Satelite. Now when it goes from the vga boot
screen to X the screen is all messed up. It doesn't use the full screen
and
i have to scroll to get to the sides and bottom of the screen.

Since it works on the boot screen, presumably prior to loading the NVIDIA
drivers I figured the display setting must be affecting X.

thanks,
MD