[LUAU] user experiences

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at hawaiilinux.us
Fri Jul 16 19:24:47 PDT 2004

Thomas Ryan Gordon Sr wrote:

> 1. Unless your going to fund your own development.
>
> 2. You can't expect people to use a strange computer for no good reason.
> Why not just attend existing Linux training courses (for newbies) and
> get their opinion there?  Or have your own classes with a survey after
> (RH does).  It is a much more effective use of time, I think.
>
> Tom

1.  You're reading my mind, Tom.  However, if things can be
self-sustaining, or there are prospects to become so, I will be more
than happy to do all the papers and provide initial funding to turn it
into an IRS 501(c)(3) org.

2.  My main interests are in the multi-lingual aspects of Linux and
hardware development.  Just wish I could have 48 hours a day.  (Don't we
all?)  On the class idea, it is an excellent thought.  I can guarantee
that students will get the most practical knowledge of Linux.
Thereafter they can take more advanced courses by Vince and yourself.  A
great thought.  wayne