[LUAU] "Dropping" Modules (Was: Fedora Core 3)

Hawaii Linux Institute wp at hawaiilinux.us
Wed Jul 14 12:13:40 PDT 2004

(My comments that follow are not specific to Fedora.)

I have noticed that when I log off from KDE then immediately log in,
sometimes (not always) I would experience a similar problem (i.e.,
warning that "audio modules not found").

Furthermore, I have also experienced that, if I set up an auto-log-in
system (under GNOME), certain modules (most notably audio and USB
modules) would be "dropped"--for lack of a better word--after a few
sessions.  The latter situation can be very embarrassing. (Here I am
trying to show you the beauty of Linux, but mouse doesn't work).

In an open source world, "user experience", or more importantly, an
accumulation thereof, is one of the most valuable assets.  The highly
localized population density of our State probably gives us a unique
advantage, in terms of gathering user experience from a wide spectrum of
professions, that may not be available anywhere else.

For a couple of grands, I think we can build a fairly decent rich-client
system (an AMD64 server plus 2~3 rich clients) for collecting "user
experiences".

The problem is, where to set up such a user experience collection
point?   Waikiki Library is probably the best candidate.  Other "non
conventional" spots include Starbucks, Honolulu Cafe in Ala Moana Mall,
Barns&Noble/Borders, or any other place(s) anyone can think of?  wayne