[LUAU] Does this shock you?

Jeff Mings jeffm at lava.net
Thu Jul 8 00:33:56 PDT 2004

While there are viruses and spyware listed, a number of these are
legitimate programs. I recognized many of these background tasks and
checked my favorite task list at http://answersthatwork.com/ .
E.g., ctfmon.exe is an ordinary part of Microsoft Office XP and Windows
XP – it activates the Alternative User Input Text Input Processor (TIP)
and the Microsoft Office XP Language Bar.
LSASS is usually the Local Security Authentication Server, unless a
virus has replaced it.

Windoze OSes are frustratingly difficult to keep free of viri,
especially if you run Outlook or Internet Exploder. However, when
educating others about its problems, we have to be careful to remain
objective.

Thank You.