[LUAU] Good Linux movie - Revolution OS

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Tue Jul 6 13:50:06 PDT 2004

Matthew John Darnell wrote:
> http://www.revolution-os.com/
>
> This is a good movie that chronicles the free software movement, it is an
> interview style documentary.  I thought the tension between Linus Torvalds &
> Richard Stallman was interesting.
>
> Linus also mentions he pronounces his name three different ways depending on
> the language he is speaking, but Linux is always Linux.
>
> Anyone know of any other movies like this?

Dittos to the praise of this documentary.  Whether you know nothing
about the OSS movement or you think you know everything about it, this
film will enlighten you.  I wish I knew of something else as complete,
objective, or even just similar.  It came to the HIFF four years ago
when it was first released.

> I rented this movie off of Netflix.

It also makes a few annual appearances each year on IFC, the Independent
Film Channel.

> Aloha,
> Matt

--scott