[luau] Linux + NTFS re-partitioning (was Linux)

Casey Roberts utexan01 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 13:47:01 PST 2004

When I did an install of Mandrake on /hdb and used the
partition tool that was part of the install, I noticed
that some space was available on /hda, strangely in
the middle of my four Windows partitions.  I decided
that since it was a sizable chunk (about 1GB), I'd
turn it into /swap.  When I booted into WinXP Pro
after I installed Mandrake, it seems Windows
recognized two of my three secondary NTFS partitions
on /hda as Hidden NTFS partitions.  Since they are
"Hidden", Windows will not let me designate drive
letters to them.  Oops.  This is the first time I have
had this problem, and if I wipe those two partitions
out, no real loss.

Casey

P.S.  Define Irony...  One of the partitions that I
lost contained data that I put there because I thought
I might have to re-install Windows, and wanted to
ensure that I didn't lose the data.  Oh well.