[luau] Re: Dual Processors & Linux

Derrick waltond001 at hawaii.rr.com
Mon Jan 19 17:56:00 PST 2004

I think the latest Nvidia (53.28) package may be buggy.  I was running
the 44.96 drivers in Suse 8.2 with no problems at all.  I installed 9.0
on the same computer in a different drive (I have a removable bay that I
use) and found the 53.28 drivers to be quite slow and ineffective.  I am
thinking of uninstalling the 53.28 drivers and installing the 44.96
drivers in 9.0 and see if that makes a difference.

There is supposed to be a new release of the 53.28 drivers in the next
few weeks that will address some minor issues, but if the 44.96 drivers
work in 9.0, I just may stick with those.

Derrick

--
Worry about my data?  NEVER!!!  I USE LINUX!!!