[luau] Apache question

Brian Chee chee at hawaii.edu
Thu Jan 15 12:02:59 PST 2004

Instead of fussing around with NIS, I wuz hoping someone knew how to
reconfig Apache to read a passwd file not in /etc? Ideally I'd like to rsync
over SSH, a passwd file from my NFS box (trying to migrate away from NFS
now) so that I can have apache export the /public_html directories for my
users.

So basically I'm looking for a config item that will tell apache to look in
a different location for the passwd file so that it can do a lookup of the
user's home directory. So far the apache documentation is less than helpful,
or I'm just not searching for the correct criteria.

The hassle is that we've got /home broken up into separate partitions (i.e.
/home/1 /home/2, etc) Otherwise if everyone was in a single /home directory
this would be trivial.

/brian chee

University of Hawaii ICS Dept
Advanced Network Computing Lab