[luau] migration

Lucas dev-lists at verizon.net
Wed Jan 14 22:01:01 PST 2004

Any hardware recommendation guys?

We are currently looking at the following list of dual-cpu rack mounts:
   Sun Fire V280R   $ 14,995 x 60% (Higher Ed discount) = $8,997.00
     (2 x 1.2 GHz UltraSPARC III, 2.0 GB RAM, 2 x 73 GB 10000 RPM SCSI
      drives, 10/100 Ethernet, Solaris 8 or 9)

   Apple XServe G5                                        $4,799.00 (list)
     (2 x 2.0 GHz PowerPC G5, 2.0 GB RAM, 2 x 80 GB 7200 RPM ATA
      drives, 2 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Max OS X)

   Dell PE 1750                                           $4,624.00 (list)
     (2 x 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon, 2.0 GB RAM, 2 x 73.0 GB 10000 RPM SCSI
      drives, 2 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet, no OS)

   HP ProLiant DL140                                      $4,745.00 (list)
     (2 x 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon, 2.0 GB RAM, 2 x 80 GB 7200 RPM ATA
      drives, 2 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet, no OS)

   HP ProLiant DL360 G3                                   $6,706.00 (list)
     (2 x 3.2 GHz Intel Xeon, 2.0 GB RAM, 2 x 72.8 GB 10000 RPM SCSI
      hot-pluggable drives, 2 x 10/100/1000 Ethernet, no OS)

Or do you guys have other experience with other great machines?

Thanks.

Lucas