[luau] re: Linux Commercials

maddog maddog at heavymetalradio.net
Sun Jan 11 12:21:01 PST 2004

I too have seen the commercials and was just discussing with my wife what a
great opportunity this is creating, especially with the reports of the
economy picking up. There will be more $$$$$ for companies to spend on IT
and it would seem that Linux will be a good sized chunk of that. Not many MS
commercials during the same time and IBM is the "Official" infrastructure
provider of the national football league. Should be huge during the
Superbowl.

Maddog

> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 08:48:22 -1000
> From: "R.Scott Belford" <scott at belford.net>
> To: luau at videl.ics.hawaii.edu
> Subject: [luau] Linux Commercials
>
> I realize that this is probably not a big football watching crowd.
> However, during today's two NFL games, there is a Linux commercial from
> IBM in nearly every break.  It is a whole new series of ads, and they
> are good.  They continue building on the story line of a young orphan
> boy named Linux who is embraced and trained by the world.  You must
> appreciate how many tens of millions of managers and decision-makers
> who see these and say "Where can I get some of this Linux?"  Maybe from
> you?
>
> --scott

---