[luau] Fedora Core 1 seems slow

Thomas Hackett hackett at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 7 19:46:01 PST 2004

Thanks for the tip Warren!

I'm pretty sure that I was to quick to judge Fedora Core 1.  I was
reading about the new prelink feature while I updated the software last
night.  I noticed that now the system is much more responsive.
Prelinking is actually a great feature, if you can stand waiting just a
bit during the initial slowness.  Does anyone know if there are other
distributions which ship with prelinking enabled in the default
install?  Fedora actually seems pretty cutting edge.

- Tom