[luau] Bizarre request

Antonio Querubin tony at lava.net
Tue Feb 10 08:31:01 PST 2004

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Karen Lofstrom wrote:

> I'm stuck. Windoze fdisk won't remove Linux partitions, and an attempt at
> Linux fdisk from the command line, as root, failed. I can't get the system
> to remove itself!

You might try zapping the MBR first using a DOS or FreeDOS boot disk.
Reboot so that the system sees the new MBR and then use fdisk again to
modify the leftover partition info (just delete them all and start fresh).
Eg.

fdisk c: /mbr

If you don't have an old DOS or Windows boot disk you can create a FreeDOS
boot disk from www.freedos.org.