[luau] FreeBSD zip drive install

Gary Dunn knowtree at aloha.com
Sun Feb 1 22:35:01 PST 2004

On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 15:46:17 -1000
al plant <webmaster at hawaiidakine.com> wrote:

> The BIOs setting was the fault.
>
> I cleared it by disabling the BIOs internal motherboard settings and
> installing a printer card that I set to run at IRQ 7  - 0278 .
> This brought up the zip drive with no problem.
>
> Then I removed the card and reset the internal motherboard back to IRQ 7
> and 0378.
> This brought up the zip drive with no problem. I did set the BIOs to EPP
> as you suggested.

Great! Please post your solution to the freebsd questions list, because I
know there are others who have experienced this problem.

I wonder if using the extra card is a necessary part of the solution. Do
you think just changing the port address would do the trick? I have read
that some systems ignore the EPP setting with a port setting of 3BC
(original parallel port 1 on the monochrome video card), and in such cases
changing it to 278 or 378 does the trick.

--