[LUAU] TPOSSCON Registration...or NOT?

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Thu Dec 30 20:40:13 PST 2004

Camron W. Fox wrote:
> Alle,
>
> 	I registered for TPOSSCON on the website and received my PAYPAL
> verification receipt. This was on the 17th of December. Does anyone know
> whether I should expect any other e-correspondence from the conference
> registration folks, or is the PAYPAL receipt my "Welcome to TPOSSCON"?
> Should I just bring a copy of my receipt to the registration desk in case
> there are any "problems"?

A badge will be printed for you, so unless another Camron Fox shows up,
with ID, and claims it, you will need only your drivers license.  I
suppose that at this point your receipt is your "Welcome to TPOSSCON!"
greeting.  Not very good, so I appreciate the feedback.

I will work with the webmasters to improve this.  Expect a letter from
the organizers at the turn of the year.  If you have any trouble when
you arrive, ask for me.

> 	Also, did the convention get any deals with local hotels for special
> room rates? I found nothing on the "Where to stay" section of the website
> regarding this.

Yes.  Several Sheraton properties have offered special TPOSSCON rates

http://www.tposscon.com/where_to_stay.php

and Aloha Airlines is our official carrier.  You can get 15% off of
published rates by mentioning the conference.  Our webmasters are
working on getting this information up.  You will need the registration
code that I am mailing you privately.  We are working on adding this to
your registration email.

The Aloha Airlines details are

> They will just need to call in to our
> reservations department at 484-1111 (Oahu), Neighbor Islands
> 1-800-367-5250, U.S. Mainland and Canada 1-800-367-5250/1-877-879-2564
> and advise the agent that they are attending the conference.  The code
> is xxxxxxx.  This promotional fare is valid from January 14, 2005
> through January 31, 2005.

> Best Regards,
> Camron

aloha