[LUAU] Virtual directory points to another computer

Vince Hoang vince at litrium.com
Thu Dec 30 20:36:36 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 04:05:57PM -1000, Matt Darnell wrote:
> One side is an Linksys WRTG54S -
> http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=35&prid=610 -
> running openwrt - http://openwrt.org/  the other side is a debian box.
>
> The files on the FTP server are too large to fit on the WRT so I don't
> think rsync would work.  The files the client uploads/downloads would
> only be on the remote PC.

I suppose you could NFS mount a larger filesystem from the Debian
box to the Linksys, provided they are on the local LAN. You could
then use GUI tools like WinSCP on the PC to drive the encrypted copy.

If the two *nix boxes are not on the same LAN, then you are
asking for remote filesystem over an encrypted tunnel. That, to
put it technically, would really suck! In this particular case,
you are probably better off moving from the Linksys to a Soekris
or WRAP so you can get some real disk storage on the device.

-Vince