[LUAU] Virtual directory points to another computer

Matt Darnell mattdarnell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 30 18:05:57 PST 2004

> > The applicatoin is to have a local FTP server but the data the
> > user can upload/download would be located on another PC. The
> > link between the two PC's should be encrypted.
>
> What platforms are involved? The responses so far imply
> *nix to *nix, making the encrypted copying problem easy
> (rsync/scp/sftp/SSH).

One side is an Linksys WRTG54S -
http://www.linksys.com/products/product.asp?grid=33&scid=35&prid=610 -
running openwrt - http://openwrt.org/  the other side is a debian box.

The files on the FTP server are too large to fit on the WRT so I don't
think rsync would work.  The files the client uploads/downloads would
only be on the remote PC.

-Matt