[LUAU] Minimum Macs

R. Scott Belford scott at hosef.org
Mon Dec 13 16:27:57 PST 2004

A question we get more and more often when people call to donate
computers is, "Can we give you our Mac?"  I am having a hard time
determining a safe cut off with respect to model and year.  With PC's we
cut off at a P166, and, for the older folks who are clueless about this,
I use 1996 in my math when asking 'how old'?

Does anyone know Macs well enough to say that from a Quadra xxx up, or
whatever, is usable?  I know it is safe to say, 'starting with the G3s'
but I also know that we have some beige donated model a member put
gentoo on that simply rocks.

Any idea on model or year that is a safe cut off for accepting Macs to
be used with Linux would be appreciated.

--scott

--
R. Scott Belford
Founder/Director