[LUAU] A CMS Question from the State

pnakashi at k12.hi.us pnakashi at k12.hi.us
Thu Dec 2 10:46:20 PST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: Vince Hoang <vince.hoang at gmail.com>

> Content
> management systems are complex beasts that really require someone with
> solid experience of the underlying architecture.

Thanks for saying that Vince. I think we need to be very careful when pushing OSS solutions to particular gov people who don't have "solid experience." The "for free" sign is so tempting for govs, and it's just too easy for a poorly implemented OSS project to give them the perception that OSS is NOT ready for prime time (or even dangerous/not secure). Govs really need to commit to the OSS concept and begin to build internal capacity. HOSEF has really helped supplement this need in the DOE. Kudos to HOSEF!
--Peter