[LUAU] OSS Classes

R. Scott Belford scott at belford.net
Thu Aug 12 23:32:10 PDT 2004

HOSEF is pleased to offer the first of many skill building class for our
Open Source Software Community.   Taught by Kevin English, the class,

"A PHP course designed to enable web developers and others with
programming experience to build dynamic web sites using the PHP
programming language."

will be held on Saturdays from 9am-12pm at the McKinley Community School
for Adults.  The cost is $120.  Details and an enrollment form can be
found at

http://www.hosef.org/classes/php2004.html

With the cooperation of the McKinley Community School for Adults, and
under the stewardship of Michael Bishop, we will be conducting a number
of classes in the coming years designed to build practical skills,
attract newcomers to Linux, and to complement the commercial providers
of more advanced courses.

HOSEF, the non-profit backbone to OSS projects like this mailing list,
has a mission to promote and sustain Open Source Software in Hawaii.
Proceeds from this class will go first to pay for the room, secondly to
pay for the time of our instructor, and last to HOSEF, should anything
remain.  A week from this Saturday, we will be surpassing 200 installed
OSS based computers, mainly thin clients, when we set up a 30 station
lab at Enchanted Lakes Elementary.

Please consider becoming a member.

--scott

R. Scott Belford
Founder/Director
The Hawaii Open Source Education Foundation
PO Box 392
Kailua, HI 96734
808.689.6518 phone/fax
scott at hosef.org