[LUAU] Mainline (generic) 2.6 kernel with FC2

Eric Hattemer hattenator at imapmail.org
Mon Apr 26 11:04:10 PDT 2004

1.  The nv driver that ships with the OS does the same software
rendering other open source drivers do.
2.  The ati open source driver is not made by ati, and has very little
hardware rendering functionality.
3.  The only thing on the nforce boards that require drivers is the
network card, and I'm not even sure that's true anymore.
4.  There is an nvidia installer option that allows installation of
multiple modules.  I believe its -k, but check NVIDIA*.sh -A; for the
advanced options.
5.  With this in mind, I don't think there is  reason to not buy NVIDIA
stuff.  There aren't really any reasonable alternatives besides ATi.

But on the plus side, the upper range of ATi Radeon cards do seem to
outperform (outbenchmark) the upper range of NVidia cards.

-Eric Hattemer